Modified Hair Implantation (MHI)
MHI is a latest, unique, advance hair implant system which is a combination of advance hair transplant, Platelet Rich Plasma (PRR) therapy along with addition of patented specific growth factor which gives boost to existing hairs and ensure the growth of newly implanted hair to ensure uniforms growth for excellent result. Modified Hair Implantation (Direct Hair Transplantation) is a simple and feasible modification in the Follicular Unit Extraction technique (FUE). It is an efficacious surgical treatment modality for baldness.
Unlike with other hair transplant methods – such as FUE and FUT (strip), with direct hair implantation, there is no need for reception incisions or holes on the recipient area. Hair follicles are implanted directly to the area using the patented implanter tool. The survival rate of the harvested graft depends upon multiple exogenous factors. The most important ones are graft hydration, cold temperature, prevention of infection and mechanical trauma. The transit time between graft harvesting and implantation is also an important determinant of the survival rate. The transit time, if reduced to a large extent, significantly improves the rate of graft survival by favourably improving all the other factors. It will reduce the chances of desiccation, infection, mechanical trauma, and grafts getting heated up. In DHT or MHI method, grafts can be implanted as soon as it was harvested. The advantages of reducing the ‘time out of body’ of the harvested grafts are manifold.
MHI v/s FUE
- Survival rate of hair grafts in MHI (DHT) technique-the survival rates of hair grafts are improved in DHT or MHI technique. Lesser transit time between graft harvesting and implantation is also an important determinant of the survival rate. In DHT or MHI method, grafts can be implanted as soon as it was harvested
- Lesser risk- lesser transit time as compared to the current procedure of FUE, and thus minimizes the physical handling, mechanical trauma, chances of desiccation, hypoxia, infection and grafts getting heated up.
- Best result- unique combination of all advance medical & surgical hair treatment to ensure great result.
- H-factor- the standard FUE procedure involves the role of operating physician during the initial extraction process only. Thereafter, the implantation is performed by surgical assistants making the possibility of improper graft handling. The need for continuous staff supervision is obviated in the DHT technique. Another important factor termed as the ‘h’ or the ‘human’ factor is the cause of many poor results. The improper graft handling during all stages of the surgery, staff fatigue is another contributor to the ‘h-factor the harvested grafts always remained in front of the eyes of the operating physician, so the chances of graft handling by the staff are minimized.
- Comfortability -the standard FUE procedure requires the patient to lie prone during scoring and graft extraction, the patient discomfort is more in FUE as compared to MHI or DHT.
- No cut / no stitches / no scalpels / no pain / no bleeding /invisible scarring / less invasive.
- Less traumatic / quick recovery / less handling of the graft / increased graft survival.
- Hair care kit which gives boost to your existing and newly implanted areas.