Everything about hair fall due to stress, and their solutions!V Plant Admin
Hair loss can happen to anyone almost at anytime of their lives. To, tackle it in an effective manner you need to familiarize yourself with the facts that lead to hair loss during stress. Firstly, understand the stress you are undergoing and how it is affecting the health and growth of your hair. Secondly, you need to reduce the kind of emotional or the kind of physical activities that leads to stress. All these factors lead to healthy hair growth.
Generally, people who are borne to some kind of physical or emotional stress are found to experience hair loss and when they are out of their present situation of stress, they are concerned with finding some techniques to revert the hair loss at the earliest. The hair growth cycle is a length process, and when a person is going through the situation of stress, it takes too long and the person ends up losing more and more amount of hair with no visible repair. Do not panic, once you are out of the stress, hair starts to grow back at the normal and regular pace, although you can adopt some of the hair fall solutions to trigger the hair growth.
Firstly, as we have already discussed, familiarize yourself with the kind of hair loss that emerges as a result of stress and there are 3 kinds of them:
This is the most dangerous of all, as a large number of hair follicles enter the resting phase during this kind of stress, and the ultimate result is that your hair stops growing. This is a continuous process, as several months later, the hair fixed to these follicles starts to fall out faster in a greater volume than the normal
Stress is one of the suspected reasons behind this kind of a hair loss. During alopecia areata, the immune system tampers the hair follicles leading them to fall out usually in greater amounts.
Image courtesy : Jere mammino, DO
This is quite a different condition as it is not any internal factor that leads to this kind of a hair loss. It is totally the person who leads to this kind of a hair loss by constantly pulling out their hair, from any parts of their body including the head and the eyebrows. People usually entertain themselves with this kind of stress to combat stress, depression, loneliness or boredom resulting from anxiety.
Image source :wikipedia
If you realize you are experiencing hair loss resulting from any of these kinds of stress related hair damage, then consult your doctor immediately and get it diagnosed. The relation between this kind of hair loss and stress is still unknown.
Related : 4 Simple ways to prevent Hair loss!
- Stress can lead to hair loss directly or it can worsen the hair loss or vice-versa. In some cases, hair loss actually needs no medical consultation. But mostly you need to consult a doctor in such situations rather than going for a self diagnosis.
- Apart from stress certain serious health conditions such as auto-immune diseases like polycystic ovary syndrome, and lupus, as well as hypothyroidism can lead to hair loss. While hypothyroidism and PCOS comes with treatment options that helps in hair growth, the auto-immune related hair loss is permanent.
- You need to acknowledge the fact that hair loss triggered by stress is not a permanent situation and can be brought under control by eliminating the factors that lead to stress.
- The hair growth comes to normal once the stress situation is over and then there is no need of drugs or any other kinds of treatments. The most important formula is to have patience to combat with stress as it takes some time for the normal hair growth to resume and even months before you can witness an actual improvement.
- Do not overstress yourself as it will worsen hair fall, but believe in the ability of your hair follicles that has the ability to regrow.
- One of the hair fall solutions is to reduce the emotional and physical stress
- Sleep well: Never deprive yourself of proper sleep. If you are deprived of sleep it can lead to both mental and physical stress. Not only stress but it also affects your performance at work as well as your mood. All this can lead to stress which ultimately leads to hair loss.Ensure that you sleep for atleast 7 to 8 hours, and make your biological cycle proper.
- Stop watching horror movies or TV shows as well as stay away from the bright screen of your laptop and phone or do not exercise. The best thing is to take a hot bath or to read a book.
- Do not skip your diet. Following a proper diet helps to cope up with stress. This helps to strengthen their hair. Make sure you eat three times a day. Never skip breakfast, as it increases your cravings. Do not consume any processed, sugary foods. Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables and also whole grains, avocados, nuts, olives and lean proteins. Increase your intake of proteins and vitamins that includes Vitamin A, B, C, E and also zinc, magnesium and selenium, as well as omega-3 fatty acids.
- Exercise regularly. Follow some simple exercises that help to combat stress and also include meditation.
- Do not use a lot of shampoos. When you are applying shampoos, do not forget, to apply conditioner.
These are some simple steps to reducing hair fall. Contact Vplant Hair Clinic to know more.